This page includes a wide array of publications and links to other useful resources to help you get prepared for wildfire. Most of the publications were prepared by University of Nevada Cooperative Extension faculty and have been peer reviewed to ensure relevance and accuracy. Please note that we are working to make all of our website content and publications accessible, but until we do, please contact Jamie Roice-Gomes, [email protected] or 775-336-0261, for assistance. We will work to respond to each request in as timely a manner as possible.
- Lake Tahoe Long Term Renters Guide – Online Version
- Lake Tahoe Long Term Renters Guide- Print/Accessible Version
- Una Guia para los Inquilinos de Lake Tahoe- Online Version
- Una Guia para los Inquilinos de Lake Tahoe – Print/Accessible Version
- Be Ember Aware! Will your home survive when the embers arrive?
- Fire Adapted Communities: The Next Step in Wildfire Preparedness – Lake Tahoe Basin
- Backyard Native Plants – Identification and Treatment of Shrubs and Ground Covers for Fire Safe Landscaping at Lake Tahoe
- Choosing the Right Plants for Northern Nevada’s High Fire Hazard Areas – Lake Tahoe Basin
- Wildfire Evacuation Checklist
“BMPs are measures taken to minimize soil erosion and capture polluted water before it enters Lake Tahoe. This helps improve water quality and reduce the decline of Lake Tahoe’s clarity. By implementing BMPs integrated with Fire Defensible Space (FDS) practices, property owners can help reduce the loss of Lake Tahoe’s clarity and protect against the threat of catastrophic wildfire.” -tahoebmp.org